Thursday, December 10, 2009

On a Roll


Oh cute! I found a pattern I could follow without cussing! This is the traveling art show roll by Mr. Monkeysuit, tute on the right--->. I made the compartments and then went online to Oriental Trading Co. and bought crayons, activity books, cards shaped like penguins (!) and those papers with the gummy ends for making chains. So it all doesn't fit perfectly, but, it is super easy and really cute. I put these together, four in all, in about an hour, with a good bit of help from my daughter. And we have four more ready to go for the boys.
Oh! And then, at Target, I saw these really cute make up brushes and glosses and nail polish kits for $1.00 to $3.00 by Elf and I grabbed some for the older girls' friends.

How sassy would that be, to grab your little roll of cosmetics out of your purse for a touch up, or to make a little hand sewing to go kit for your hexies, or how about a mini toolset, or an emergency bottle opener or tea caddy?

Oh, and my friends who make jewelry! little scissors and filament and pliers...

Oh! and embroider the recipients name on it!

And the fabric can be themed with the use!

So if you were wondering what I'm getting you for Christmas, um, I think I'm on a roll.

1 comment: